[wplug-plan] future speakers

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Jan 31 19:25:07 EST 2003

Just to keep people in the loop.
In the past, I would have sent email asking people if they thought these
were good ideas, but the results were always inconclusive, so I'm planning
and asking questions later. :)

I'm talking with the author of Perl for Sysadmins about coming to
Pittsburgh to give a talk. There would be a cost involved, but it seems
like it could be very inexpensive. Jonathan, and I have both seen him talk
before and I've been impressed.

The other iron in the fire I have is with a friend who works for Mellon
downtown. I've been told that they have won awards for their Disaster
Recovery plan (or center?), since this is a topic of interest to me, I'm
trying to setup a 'field trip' to tour the place. Or failing that have
someone come give a talk to the group.

I'll report back if anything becomes of either of these.

-james