[wplug-plan] Programming suggestions

Elwin Green bekitemba2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 14:41:57 EST 2003

--- wplug-plan-request at wplug.org wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 18:24:46 -0500
> From: Rick Smith <rick at rbsmith.com>
> To: wplug-plan at wplug.org
> Subject: [wplug-plan] Summary from today's GUM / Hot
> Topic
>
> Wplug-planners,
>
> This is the notes I took today at the GUM featuring
> Bill Moran
> talking about CVS.
>
> Before the talk, there was a list of topics thrown
> out as possible
> future talks:
> 	Mail Servers (not Sendmail because that is
> perceived
> 	as being too much for a new person setting up a
> simple server).
>
> 	PCMCIA - configurations
> 	Mobile
> 	Jump Drives (and related temporary installed
> devices)
> etc.....

Dang it - I miss a meeting cuza snow, and that's the
meeting where all the fun stuff happens (organizing,
or trying to).

Anyway - I have two programming suggestions for 2004
GUMs:

A viewing of the movie "Revolution OS". It's a
documentary about the development of Linux and the
increasing impact of open source software. From what
I've read, it's well-done. I'd like to see it, I don't
want to watch it by myself, and my place isn't big
enough to invite everybody over. But I'm guessing that
folks would enjoy it, so I'm willing to rent the DVD
and bring a DVD player to the GUM if someone can
provide a monitor (or two?).

A discussion of Linux from Scratch. This one makes me
more nervous, but If James O'Kane still has those
computers that were donated to the group, I think I'd
like to grab one, use it for building linux from
scratch according to the book and then do a
presentation to the group about how it went.

What do you folks think?

Elwin G.