[wplug-plan] [Fwd: CodeWeavers Support for LUG Meetings]

Jeremy Dinsel jeremy at wplug.org
Thu Aug 14 11:20:13 EDT 2003

-----Forwarded Message-----

From: Jon Parshall <jparshall at codeweavers.com>
To: jeremy at wplug.org
Subject: CodeWeavers Support for LUG Meetings
Date: 14 Aug 2003 10:12:11 -0500

Dear LUG Owner/Administrator/Top-Dog;

Sorry for the neospam-like nature of this email, but we have received a
steady stream of inquiries from Linux User Groups around the globe regarding
what support CodeWeavers can provide for their groups.  Obviously, we
appreciate the good work that LUGs like yours continue to do in spreading
the word about Linux, and we want to support your efforts in a way that will
help build your meeting attendance, while making financial sense for us.
You can read about our LUG program in more detail here:

http://www.codeweavers.com/about/partners/lugs.php

In a nutshell, here's the basic message we're trying to get out to the LUGs:

1) First off, we're happy to speak at LUG meetings.  Here in the U.S., we
have employees in St. Paul, MN, and the Bay area in California. Abroad, we
can be found in Toronto, Canada; Oxford, England; Paris, France; Irkutsk,
Russia; and Seoul, Korea. If your LUG is near one of these locations, we'll
strongly consider making an appearance. And if you want to buy us a plane
ticket, or if we can find a good excuse to come to your neck of the woods,
we'll try and come visit you.

2) Second, we're happy to provide demonstration product for use as door
prizes, giveaways, etc. for your meetings.  We've put together a couple of
chotski packages specifically for LUGs.  These include free CodeWeavers
products, as well other goodies for your meeting.  You can see these
packages here http://www.codeweavers.com/about/partners/lugs_chotskis.php.

We very much appreciate any feedback you might have on our new LUG program,
so please do feel free to write me directly regarding anything we could be
doing better in this regard.  And finally, if you want never to hear from us
EVER again on this subject, please feel free to reply back and we'll make
sure that that happens, pronto.  Thanks again for your time.

Very Best Wishes,

-jon parshall-
C.O.O.
CodeWeavers