[wplug-plan] Ohio LinuxFest - October, 2003 (fwd)

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Aug 4 21:34:14 EDT 2003

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:23:13 -0400 (EDT)
From: William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
To: lugs at linuxusersgroups.org
Subject: Ohio LinuxFest - October, 2003

Greetings,

I was told it might be a good idea to forward this info onto the lugs@
list, so here it goes.  I hope some people here might be interested.

I just wanted to take some time to let everyone know about the upcoming
Ohio LinuxFest in Columbus, Ohio.  We have lots of exciting things
planned, including some excellent speakers and a GnuPG Key-Signing event.
I know that lots of people are planning to head to the area the night
before, do some socializing, and take up hotels before the morning; others
plan to drive to the event that morning for Saturday's all-day event.  I
know that we have quite a few people carpooling to the event, as well.

We have specific driving directions available on our website for those
wishing to travel to the event.  A big map and also specific details are
included.  We do ask that people register for the event whenever possible
if they know they will be coming so that we can plan ahead and make sure
we have all the resources we need available.  Lots of information can be
found on our http://www.ohiolinux.org/ website; I'll also be glad to
personally answer any questions anyone might have about this event.

We have David Coulson talking about User-Mode Linux, which can be used to
setup virtual Linux machines without hardware emulation.  I believe he's
also going to offer UML Co-Op <www.umlcoop.net> registrations, although I
don't know for sure.  David has given his presentation to the Linux Users
Group of Cleveland (of which I am Vice-President, I might add :) and also
the Cincinnati GNU/Linux Users Group, and it's quite good.  David worked
in the past at VA Linux, and he has some very good things to share.

We'll also have a talk from Scott Collins, a Mozilla developer and former
Netscape employee who designed and implemented the bulk of Mozilla's XPCOM
type-safe and leak resistant object management facilities.  He'll be
sharing his own thoughts on Mozilla's past, present, and future.  Mozilla
recently embraced a new direction with their Firebird & similar projects.

More speakers and information are posted on the website for all to see.

Lots of great things will be happening, and we'll have lots of great
people there, I know that for sure.  I do hope some of you guys come!

__ __ ___ _| | William R. Lorenz <wrl at express.org>
\ V  V / '_| | http://www.clevelandlug.net/ ; "Every revolution was
 \./\./|_| |_| first a thought in one man's mind." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

-
To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo at linuxusersgroups.org with
"unsubscribe lugs" in the body.