[wplug-plan] meeting suggestion

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 27 17:10:50 EST 2002

To answer Jeremy's question...

yes, Goodwill computer store does give receipts
for donated merchandise.

however that releases two interesting issues..

#1 From my personal donation experience, I can say
that goodwill does refuse some goods in which
they think won't sell. I tried to give then some
486 stripped systems and they wouldn't take them.
What does the designated person(s) do with parts
unwanted by goodwill? Trash it?

#2 Usually those who do get a donation receipt
from goodwill do so because they want to use it
as a tax write-off. It would be to complicated
to distribute receipts back to the original donor
of each part. WPLUG should be the owner of said
receipts, however, WPLUG would not use the
receipts as a tax write-off.As treasurer, I would
hold said receipt so that any interested party
could ask to see it at a future meeting. I would
not use the receipt for my own personal tax write-off.

Of course this is all theoretical
:c)

Beth Lynn