[wplug-plan] Book reviews

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Tue Nov 5 13:50:26 EST 2002

On 5 Nov 2002, Michael P. O'Connor wrote:

> Well maybe we should get a list of books that the vendor is willing to
> put out for review.  Then the board should look at what the book is abut
> (before we get back to the vendor) and find someone they feel that is
> both able and trustworthy enough to do the review, then contact the
> person and see if he/she is willing to do it.

At least with O'Reilly, we can ask for any of their in-print books, so
take a look at their online catalog. The email from the wrox guy says all
of their open source titles.

Unless someone objects, I think the policy should be if you want a book,
you need to write a review of a book you already have, and then we (I) can
work on getting another book.

Most of the vendors are fairly nice with giving away free things, but they
like hearing something back.

-james