[wplug-plan] RE: Wehrli

Elwin Green bekitemba at excite.com
Thu Mar 14 15:29:02 EST 2002

Greetings all

I haven't been to many GUMs yet, so you probably don't know me. But let me say this: when I do go to a GUM, I go to learn. Being insulted, or watching other people be insulted, does not help me to learn.

I agree that we (that is, whoever's handling this) should

1) ask for references. If they're not satisfactory, scratch him. If they are, and we're still considering him, then
2) let him know our concerns. If he responds like, ahem, a fuck-wipe, scratch him. If he responds like a well-socialized adult, bring him in. Of course, he could still act out once the meeting's underway...for this I suggest
3) if he starts insulting people during the meeting, stop everything and politely but firmly ask him to leave.

Having said all that, I have a suggestion which may cut through a lot of crap if implemented: PUBLICIZE. Have someone write up a press release and/or call both the P-G and the Trib, and see if we can get a reporter to the meeting. And most of all, tell Mr. Wehrli that we've invited the press. He should like the free publicity; and knowing that he could be in the newspaper should bring out his most amiable behavior (assuming he has any).

My .02,
Elwin G.

<hr>