[wplug-plan] WPLUG Merchandise

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Jun 24 15:17:47 EDT 2002

Since it was my shirts that were used an example, I thought I should
speakup. They will print as few as one shirt at a time, but that means the
cost per shirt is a bit high. I have my shirts listed at $16. If we were
to go to someone local and get shirts printed, they would probably be of
better quality, and we could sell them for $10 and make a bigger profit.
I went with cafepress because I didn't want to invest too much money in
something that is partly an experiment. I also didn't want to have to
worry about shipping.
With wplug tshirts, that isn't as much of a concern. We already have an
established target audience, and most of them can pick up the shirts at a
meeting. I would say if we could get 50% or more of the minimum order for
someone local, we go that route.

-james