[wplug-plan] How about a Linux Picnic of our own?

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Sat Jun 1 00:39:38 EDT 2002

Dear Beth, et al,

I might have another option, if we were to consider picnicking in the North Hills.

Today, I spoke with the rental agency I rent my apartment from, Hickory Hills, in McCandless. I learned that they rent their office building's main room in Hickory Hills at reasonable rates.

Here's what would come with it:
* Plenty of green grass to sprawl out on. Not wide fields, and no barbecue pit (I'm getting to that), but enough that we could be comfortable.
* There's a nice gazebo there.
* The room inside the main building is pretty luxorious and includes a kitchette. We could prepare the food there, and lounge around if it gets too hot out, or if the weather turns nasty.
* We'd also have access to the pool. Plenty of space to sprawl out there, too.
* And a good free parking lot, for what that's worth.

Not bad, eh? It would cost us $75 in total for the afternoon, which is a little high compared to North Park. And I'd probably be responsible if anything happened, since I'm one of their tenants. But for the amenities, it's definitely worth it.

Here's their address and phone number, if you want to look into the option:
    Hickory Hills
    100 Arthur Drive
    Wexford, PA 15090
    Phone: (724) 935-2800

Let me know you think. Beth, you're the one who has final say on the matter, right?

--- David Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org