[wplug-plan] your library question (fwd)

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Jan 28 14:14:21 EST 2002

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:34:24 -0800
From: Denise Olliffe <deniseo at oreilly.com>
To: James O'Kane <jo2y at midnightlinux.com>
Subject: your library question

Hi James,

Sure, if you'd like to donate them to Carnegie Library, I don't
see why that would be a problem.

No, other groups haven't done so, with me knowledge. Most
groups keep their own private library if able, otherwise,
divide books up amongst members.

--Denise

At 02:05 PM 1/18/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi
>         My user's group has been debating on how to best make use of some
>of the books we have, and our first idea was to create a LUG lending
>library, but we decided that the overhead with that was more than we
>wanted, so we are considering donating the books to the Carnegie Library
>(http://www.carnegielibrary.org/), with something in the front cover that
>says "Donated by wplug, ..." and put contact information in there.
>We are unsure if this is permissible with books from the UG Program.
>Has this been done by any of the other groups?
>
>thanks
>-james

Denise Olliffe
Associate Publicist/User Group Manager
O'Reilly & Associates
1005 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebastopol, CA 95472
deniseo at oreilly.com, (707) 827-7090 (direct)
(707) 829-0515, 800-998-9938
In office Mon-Thurs
http://ug.oreilly.com/
http://www.oreilly.com/

REGISTER NOW
O'Reilly Bioinformatics Technology Conference
January 28-31, 2002 -- Tucson, AZ
http://conferences.oreilly.com/biocon/cfp.html