[wplug-plan] Home Automation presentation proposal

Kevin Olalde kevin at olalde.org
Mon Jan 21 16:51:11 EST 2002

Hi,

If there is is interest, I can do a presentation on home automation.  Basically
this is a hobby of my that allows for:

- Lighting/appliance and IR device control
- Various house sensors (temp, water, motion, caller ID, ...)
- Voice Recognition and Text to speech
- control/display via handheld devices, web, email, voice, ...
- alerts via email, Jabber, ...
- internet appliance integration

and things like that.

It's a very open ended hobby that kinda turns my house in to a tinker toy.  This
is not a home security system, though there is some obvious overlap.

If there is interest just let me know (email directly to me seems to be the best
way).  I wouldn't have enough time to put something together by the next
meeting, so March or after is the time frame.

Thanks,
Kevin