[wplug-plan] A suggestion for a future gum

Mark Dalrymple wplug at badgertronics.com
Mon Jan 14 12:53:02 EST 2002

I  have this mental image of the lightning talk gum.  We have a dozen
folks who are presenting, and all want some kind of visual aids.
Presenter #1 has a powerpoint presentation on his tower.  #2 has a
kpresent thingie on his laptop.  #3 has a webserver on his ipaq with a
homebrew presentation package.  Etc. The talks are 5 minutes, with 10
minute intermissions to hook and unhook computers from the projector,
configure video, resolve network problems, etc etc.

We should probably say something like "we'll have a computer hooked up
to the projector that can access web pages.  If you want to have
visual aids, put them on the web somewhere and use the browser."  If
it requires anything fancier like audio, they'll need to arrange to
have the resources put onto the projector computer.

I could do a quickie on C memory structure and pointers.

++Mark Dalrymple, markd at badgertronics.com.  http://badgertronics.com
  "In the true spirit of open source software, the documentation is
   not very helpful"
   -- rzolf