[wplug-plan] installfest tutorials

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Sun Jan 13 11:52:03 EST 2002

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, James O'Kane wrote:

> The original plan was for Beth to be out in the big room and my stuff in
> the small room, but we switched at the last minute because we felt that
> more people had RSVP'ed the clustering stuff and would need more room.

But this seems to miss the point.  Even if Beth were in the main room,
I'm sure she would have wanted the people in the room to be quiet so she
could be heard.  The presentation in the auxillary room worked well
because it was in the auxillary room.  The point is that it doesn't matter
who is in the main room, the people shouldn't have to be silenced.  We have
an auxillary room for that.  We have 7 hours of installfest time.  Tutorials /
presentations / hands-on / whatever can be slotted for time in that room.

I understand that we're going to have Tutorial Day on the opposite months
of the installfest.  It seems more appropriate to have these tutorials then.
That is not to say that there couldn't be tutorials in the auxillary room
during an installfest.

This is not an attack on what happened at the installfest,
but rather a start of better planning for the future.

--
Robert Dale

wplug member since 1998