[wplug-plan] A suggestion for a future gum

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Sun Jan 13 02:05:35 EST 2002

This sort of discussion would be ideal as a "lightning talk," the sort of thing that James suggested a while back. Mike, you could spend 10 minutes talking about email programs. Someone else could talk about (say) web browsers. Someone else could discuss configuring a favorite editor, et cetera.

If we were to have such a lightning talk session at a GUM, we should announce it well enough in advance on the regular list, so that we could invite new folks to give short presentations. They could cover a lot of "bread 'n butter" topics that we might otherwise overlook, and it might lead to bolder presenters and presentations in the future.

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org