[wplug-plan] installfest tutorials

Robert Dale rdale at wplug.org
Sat Jan 12 12:59:10 EST 2002

Here I sit at the installfest..  There are two presentations going on -
one in the auxillary room and one in the main room.  The auxillary room
seems to be working out well.  And beforehand, it seemed like a good idea
to have one in the main room.  However, I don't think it's working out.
Everyone in the main room has been made silent as to give voice to the
speaker.  This seems to miss the main point behind an installfest - live,
real-time, human-to-human communication.

I think these activities should be limited to GUMs and auxillary rooms.
Otherwise, this installfest has been turned into a GUM, but one where we
can sit in silence with our computers.

--
Robert Dale

wplug member since 1998