[wplug-plan] Schools (fwd)

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Fri Jan 11 13:31:17 EST 2002

I'm still pondering my reply to this.

-james

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:10:07 +1100
From: websol <websol1 at attbi.com>
To: chris.romano at verizon.net, dracoaardvark at hotmail.com,
     bgtrio at linuxfreemail.com, jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Subject: Schools

To: Everyone
From: John Plunkett

We are interested in working with the schools from all over on projects that would use Linux most effectively with their existing resources.  The plan is to have the school define their resources and needs an prepare a proposal to best satisfy their needs.  The proposed MIS plan would be posted on the Internet for input from all interested parties.  The intention would be enhance the effectiveness of the MIS services, while using the existing resources as much as possible.  The Proposal is presented to the schools for evaluation by a local team.  The implementation of the Action Plan would be coordinated by the school and the local team.  The projects to be completed in the Action Plan would be assigned to a local project leader and posted on the Internet for all interested parties to contribute.  We can provide a Web Site and some additional resources if this is used as a model for other schools.

What level of expertise and commitment does this group have to participate in such a project?
What additional outside assistance would be required?

Thanks,