[wplug-plan] ORA and Lending Library

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 15:09:30 EST 2002

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, I thought wplug members would
insist on having the books in a close proximity
to where wplug holds meetings. Of course these books
can be borrowed by people at other Carnegie branches
or other libraries that participate in interlibrary
loan with the Carnegie system. I am open to the idea
of donating the books to different branches of
Carnegie library system (or other libraries that
co-operate well with Carnegie) for greater diversity
around the Western PA area.

To have the best diversity, we could consider giving
a book(s) to libraries outside the Carnegie sytem. We
will have to be carefull that a library we give
a book(s) to doesn't hoard the book for only the
members of it's community. Northland library has a
history of not playing well with others, however
times may have changed.

Here is a list of libraries all around allegheny
county.
http://www.carnegielibrary.org/subject/libraries/pgh.html

As an information scientist, I am convinced that
freedom of information and free source go
hand-in-hand.
Work has already begun on a world-wide internet
library http://www.ulib.org/

Andrew Carnegie would be proud.
http://www.clpgh.org/exhibit/carnegie.html

I have borrowed books from various libraries that say
inside the front cover, courtesy of so and so. A small
plug shouldn't be a problem.

We are left with one important problem...
Do we have books to donate?

Thanks,
Beth Lynn