[wplug-plan] ORA and Lending Library

Beth Lynn bluekanary at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 20:21:38 EST 2002

Hi,

forgive me I'm a little behind on my emails...

Here's an idea that may satisfy all angles
of this issue...

Donate some linux books to Carnegie Library with
the request that they be held at the main branch.

And here's why I think it would work...

I vaguely remember PACC having a library full of
books that would be available to just their members.
They charge a membership fee, take better member
records, but for whatever reason, they ended up
donating the books to the downtown branch of the
Carnegie with the request that the books stay there.
(PACC meets at Point Park College, which is in
downtown Pittsburgh, so it was a location in which
all of the members were fine with) The minus side
to this is non-members could borrow these books,
however it is also a plus since it's good PR, and
now everybody can borrow these books.

I don't think Carnegie Library would have a problem
with our request that the books stay at the main
library since the 3rd floor is where most science/tech
books donated to Carnegie go.

The members of wplug should be happy with the location
of the main Carnegie Library since it is less than 2
blocks from where wplug currently meets.

Carnegie Library deals with the bureaucracy  of
unreturned
books and wplug knows where the books are.

We could mark the inside covers of the books that
we donate to Carnegie with some sort of ad for wplug.

Thanks,

Beth Lynn