[wplug-plan] GUM Presentations and Events

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Sat Nov 24 01:52:22 EST 2001

> What do we have planned for the GUM this month coming up?

Well, Beth has already secured a room, and I had thought about giving a
presentation on lyx.

> What's the skinny on the rockhopper penguin that we've adopted? Anything we have to do, aside from give it a name?

That's about it.  The name isn't really "official" or anything, but it's
still a cool idea.

> Is Rob going to give his presentation on ipsec and VPNs?

Good question.

> Will we be scheduling time for lightning talks?

My lyx presentation would probably be too long to be considered a
lightning talk, but if enough interest was expressed we could do it.

> What all will be discussed at the business meeting?

We should probably have an open board meeting and we could discuss the
new voting system, maybe go over the loki stuff again, and talk about
the matter of filling offices (president, vice, treasurer).

> Anything else?

We can talk about linux too.

Zach-Type-Person