[wplug-plan] The whole movie thing

Matthew Hughes mhues at excite.com
Thu Nov 15 15:45:27 EST 2001

I thought Beth Lynns breakdown was excellent on both plan and general lists.
My response:
#1. She signed the room out and She's responsible, thus she has every right
to limit 'offensive' material.

#2. Censorship is bad, and I am the first to rail against it, however this
isn't censorship! At least not beyond anything that most of America finds
completely acceptable. I thought that Beth Lynn's 'proposal' was clear,
direct, and exceptionally reasonable.

There was one thing I was unclear about.
A) Didn't Beth lynn get elected to the board at our last meeting?

and as per the quotes below, I second Her nomination to the board.(assuming
of course she wasn't already on it)

"Since many object to the way I have attempted to
keep the room orderly. Things did get out of
control, but hey, I'm only one person. Over this
one incidient, my judgement has become very
unpopular, therefore I do not plan on running for
any office unless I am endorced by serveral members.
" -Beth Lynn

"I have no problem with Beth being added/nominated/appointed/imprisoned onto
the board. She does more for the group at the cost of her own linux
enjoyment than anyone else.
" -james