[wplug-plan] Not to beat a dead horse

David Ostroske eksortso at linuxmail.org
Thu Nov 15 12:18:26 EST 2001

From: "James O'Kane" <jo2y at midnightlinux.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:27:32 -0500 (EST)

[...]
> In my opinion, that goes against
> the goal of wplug of getting more people to use linux, so I turned the
> movie off and removed it from the VCR. I did make a quick check with a few
> other regular members to see if my opinion was off base, but they agreed
> with me.

Thanks, James. I'm glad you stopped the tape, and took responsibility for stopping it, too. That took GUTS!

> I have no problem with Beth being added/nominated/appointed/imprisoned
> onto the board. She does more for the group at the cost of her own linux
> enjoyment than anyone else.

Absolutely, she should be on the board. She got us the rooms. She takes responsibility for them. And through this whole ordeal, the only thing that I think she did wrong was choose her words poorly in defining a guideline. But she's stated her case more succinctly since then.

So that we can avoid this crap in the future, use THIS guideline: "If you think someone might be offended by it, then don't show it in public! Common sense!"

> -james

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at linuxmail.org