[wplug-plan] Re: [wplug] read my lips: no new guidelines

Michael P. O'Connor mpop at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Nov 15 03:36:45 EST 2001

Beth I maybe become unpopulare too, but I share your oppions here.  I do
think that as long as you reserve the room for us as a group you do have
some rights to make so reasonable guide lines, or say you will not get
the room, for no more than it is your name that stands the chance of
being hurt, if it were me, I would have grave consers about getting a
room for the group if such things are not addressed, I think you are
being very forgiving in this one. and to the "#2 sensorship is bad"
sensorship is not always bad, as I was telling some one else there are
times when you have to sensore things, lets take the fcc on broadcast
tv, almost any one can get there hands on a reciver, even a child, so
some standards have to be set, what standards they are I don't know, but
I am sure of one thing nudity should not be promited, also I have
question if foul langauge should be alowed.  As you said before there
are little children that come sometimes and do we want to be the ones to
introduce them to this kind of stuff (for me I don't want to be a part
of something that will do that)