[wplug-plan] re: new guideline for videos at gums and installfests

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 18:48:53 EST 2001

On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 06:37 PM, Robert Dale wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Evan DiBiase wrote:
>
>> I agree. But we do need some official way to discuss this, which brings
>> up a few other issues. In other words, I see the requisite order as
>> follows:
>>
>> 1. We get a final set of bylaws and put them in place.
>
> Reminder, DT's original bylaw submission is here -
> http://www.wplug.org/~rdale/wplugbylaws.html

He has indicated that there is a better, newer copy than his original
submission, although I suppose we could adopt the original for purposes
of expediency and diff it up to the latest version later.

Although Zach has just indicated that the bylaws have been adopted; when
did that happen? Do we have a record of it?

>> 2. We set up a board, and do what the bylaws say to get them to
>> communicate.
>
> Let's ask people to run for Chair, Vice-chair, and Treasurer.

Agreed. Additionally, though, we should have an actual board. Candidates
for members have been suggested
(http://www.wplug.org/pipermail/wplug-plan/2001-May/000459.html) as:

Evan DiBiase
Zach Paine
Robert Dale
Jonathan Billings
Jeremy Dinsel
James O'Kane

With the possible later addition of David Ostroske and Brian Sammon, who
can't apparently be legit initial members because they control no WPLUG
resources.

Is this a good list?
If so, how do we get these people on the board?

>> 3. They communicate and come up with some policy regarding videos at
>> WPLUG events, pass it, and make it WPLUG law.
>> 4. The issue is resolved.
>
> Whee!

And everyone lived happily ever after.

-Evan