[wplug-plan] re: new guideline for videos at gums and installfests

Evan DiBiase edibiase at mac.com
Tue Nov 13 18:29:24 EST 2001

On Tuesday, November 13, 2001, at 03:48 PM, Robert Dale wrote:

[...]

> However, I agree that there are some problems with showing certain
> material and there should be some wplug-enforced guidelines for dealing
> with them.  One such item is copyrighted material.  Another is relevancy
> to the group's purpose.  A couple of quick suggestions would be that we
> can't show copyrighted material without the owner's consent unless
> otherwise stated it can be shown publicly and that the material must
> bear
> some relevance to linux.
>
> Comments?

I agree. But we do need some official way to discuss this, which brings
up a few other issues. In other words, I see the requisite order as
follows:

1. We get a final set of bylaws and put them in place.
2. We set up a board, and do what the bylaws say to get them to
communicate.
3. They communicate and come up with some policy regarding videos at
WPLUG events, pass it, and make it WPLUG law.
4. The issue is resolved.

So, David, do you have a submission for the bylaws that wplug-plan can
start working with?

-Evan