[wplug-plan] Re: [wplug] new guideline for videos at gums and installfests

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Tue Nov 13 16:40:29 EST 2001

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:25:25PM -0500, T Quine wrote:
> One of the problems with WPLUG is that any policy always gets bogged down in
>
> endless discussion.  In a meritocracy, she who gets things done, sets the
> rules.

Interesting.. I write minutes for all the GUM's and installfests and
make all of the announcements.  Does that mean it's ok for me to say..
"No more people with brown hair at WPLUG meetings".  My point is that
WPLUG is a meritocracy in that those who are on the board are so because
they have earned that position by contributing to the group.  Being in a
meritocracy does not mean making unilateral policy decisions.  That
being said, I do not necessarily dissagree with BethLynn, but I do
believe that this should have been discussed by board members at the
very least.

Zach