[wplug-plan] Re: Lists

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Wed May 30 13:37:08 EDT 2001

Quoting Zach Paine <zman at wplug.org>:

> IRC meetings appear to be fine according to the bylaws:
>
> Meeting types --
>
> Virtual space meetings:    Net meetings, meetings using IRC, voice
> telecommunication, or other electronic means may be used to make final
> decisions of the Board in real time, provided:
>
>     * all Directors are engaged online for the discussion and decision
>     * a record of the decisions and the assent of every Director can
> be
> recorded,   replicated, or verified  for an online record
>
> This just requires someone to record the irc session.  Not a big
> problem.
> It can be posted to -board for verification.

Sounds good. Since it's not taking place on a mailing list, the meetings could
be held in #wplug in public. And given that minutes must be recorded, someone
would have to be chosen to record the session before session business takes
place, and they would be responsible for posting the session to wplug-board.

> As far as -plan, I would be willing to amend the bylaws to allow
> discussion
> by the board and the rest of the group to take place on -plan and voting
> take place on -board.  This way the rest of the group can be heard,
> and
> their opinions taken in to consideration.  It is common in politics to
> have
> a period for public input before legislative action is taken.
>
> So, for our next move, I suggest the creation of the -board list.
> Then
> each proposed board member should email that list with affirmation of
> their
> position (they want the job).  Then we can talk about moving
> discussion
> onto the plan list in an official Board meeting as the bylaws describe
> it
> now.

Good idea. In fact, you could start the list by automatically subscribing the
proposed board members (everyone on your proposed list except me and Brian
Sammon) and have them agree or decline to join the Board.

Then, outstanding business would be bringing on new members and amending the
bylaws to allow discussions on the -plan list, plus anything else that would
arise.

Does this sound alright?