[wplug-plan] Tax Status, parent organizations, and more (fwd)

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Thu Mar 22 12:25:36 EST 2001

Quoting James O'Kane <jo2y at midnightlinux.com>:

> Could people think about this and reply to me within 24 hours, so that
> can get back to her with our psudo-official thoughts?
>
> -james

By all means, let them know we're interested!

We wouldn't be alone in this if we joined the non-profit. Not only could we get
sponsor dollars, we could find ways to apply them. They seem to be part of a
pretty inclusive network. The link they provided has a lot of info:
> http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/

The only downside is that we would have to move quicker to establish by-laws
and other organizational minutae. But, seeing as we've been hashing these
issues out for months, now would be a decent time to act on them. We'll have
all afternoon open to us in 1507 NSH on April 7, so we could work on the by-
laws then.

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at telerama.com