[wplug-plan] mail mode (was Re: [wplug] Despret to eather ...)

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed Mar 7 22:54:41 EST 2001

Zach Paine wrote:

> All of the lists I've ever been on (livid, xine, apsfilter, wplug,
> dxr2-devel) have used reply to list.  I find it far more convenient than
> list than to a specific person.

>From my experience with the Framemaker List, having it set up the way they do
does not inhibit list communication in the least.  Such an arrangement is
certainly not just for lists that don't want replies going to the list at all.
Yes, it is more convenient to punch and go, which is exactly why, given some of
the knee-jerk flames that have lit up on the list, I brought up that it is
often better to deliberately think than just reflex.

> David: I understand you made a snafu in sending that mail to the list (heh, I
> thought it was a little cold ;), but the answer is not changing the system.
> An apology would have worked, but I don't think anyone is going to hold it
> against you :)

Zach -- I don't think I owe anybody an apology other than Mike and if you look
again, it was there.  I guess I'll see you all there on Saturday.  -- DT