[wplug-plan] awk & sed (Re: [wplug] What a great GUM! How about next month?)

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Tue Jul 10 13:00:03 EDT 2001

Thanks! It might be tough to give a small presentation in 4623 Wean, but I'm
willing to do it, if nobody objects. (That's why I'm taking this thread over to
wplug-plan.)

Even if we don't have formal presentations, these types of mini-courses might
be good for the GUMs and InstallFests. Mike O'Conner set the precedent, and I'd
love to turn it into a trend.

Anyways, awk and sed are my favorite tools. They've been absorbed by Perl, as
far as scriptwriting is concerned. But at the command line, they really pack a
wallop.

Quoting jjlasalle <jjlasalle at home.com>:

> I vote for awk and sed - if we are voting.  :)
>
> At 04:45 AM 7/8/01 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Anyone want to discuss some topic (any topic!) in August? We'll have
> the room
> >in Newell-Simon Hall again in August, so we know where we'll be. Heck,
> even a
> >mini-course or two in the classroom would be fun. (I'm willing to
> prattle on
> >about awk and sed if anyone's willing to listen!)

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at telerama.com