[wplug-plan] GUMs and Installfests

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Tue Jan 16 22:04:23 EST 2001

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 21:46:33 "Landefeld, Alex" wrote:
> Check with the library staff.
>
> That was a location we used for one of our first install-fests (or was it
> just a GUM?).  The electrical outlet situation is limited, and last time
> we
> were there, the Net connection was non-existent...but with networked
> Linux
> PC's in a room, what real need is there for a greater web connection?
> It's
> cool to download and surf...but not necessary for the day's objective...
>
> Access and parking may be somewhat tight...but there's lots of things to
> do
> in Squirrel Hill, so food might be less of a problem...
>
> Currently, a poetry group uses the space on some Saturday
> afternoons....but
> again, check with the librarians.
>
> ..Alex.

I guess we could use strung together surge protectors.  We could also
perhaps use the main branch?  Parking is plentiful there.  Could someone
make some phone calls?  I'm tied up w/ school during the week.  I know the
main branch as internet access but I don't know if the others do.  I
suppose the question would also be, would they let us use it.

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key