[Wplug-web] [wplug-plan] Logo Contest (fwd)

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Jan 8 22:10:46 EST 2001

I'm not sure why Dave got his knickers in a bunch.  This is my exact
quote:

"We should have some upload form that will automatically add the
submission to the voting page.  Of course, we'd have to keep an eye on it,
we don't need any members submitting their favorite kiddie pr0n."

"You know who you are."

I think that I made a valid point, we'd need to keep an eye on what the
posts are, but it should be automatic.  I admit that child pornography is
a horrible bad thing, but I was trying to make a point... we need to keep
an eye on it, especially since it's a free web site and anyone could post
to it.

If anyone here found my post objectionable, then I sincerely apologize.

Your worry about the archives being trawled by web robots, but our
/robots.txt disallows the message archive from being scanned.

I think your last post was largely flaimbait, and if you want to vent your
feeling, send it directly to me, rather than wasting the bandwith and the
attention of the other wplug members.

-- jonathan "pipe to /dev/null" billings