Proposed Meeting Schedule (wasRe: [wplug-plan] Umm.. we have a)meeting saturday

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed Feb 28 05:35:08 EST 2001

WPLUG decided in November that meetings for organizational matters
would be held at 2pm following the GUM.  The series of meetings has
dealt with the process of organizing and is to be dealing with it again
at the next meeting.  This has been announced to the plan list several
times.  Anybody can add to the agenda or offer to assist either with
moderating or with recording the meeting.

The scheduling is only a matter of determining the next GUM, which now
has a conflict with the new location for this Saturday.  If it is
decided to hold the meeting at 8220 Wean or somewhere else this
Saturday, then the 2pm meeting will follow.  The meeting really needs
to have a set start time as it would be unfair to begin the meeting
early when some people may want to attend but might not be able or want
to come to the GUM (we had that with the earlier meetings).

PLEASE NOTE:  When the group sets a regular meeting time, it is
unnecessary to create a different schedule each time, except in the
case of emergency.  Using time, energy, and band width to "reinvent the
wheel" takes them away from more productive efforts (some might also
see it as disrespectful to the decisions of the group).  I'm sure we
all want to foster group cohesiveness, not undermine it, so let's
decide on a meeting place and then consider what we want to bring to
the table at 2pm.

Dave