[wplug-plan] Supposed meeting

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Wed Feb 14 03:12:50 EST 2001

Actually, the plan list is a legitimate forum for planning the agenda of the
organizational meeting.  Please give some thought to what should be
discussed.  Since we have a projector, as a review we can display the
material from the first three meetings that has been put into html files.
Beyond that and any organizational proposals, bylaw considerations, etc. that
might be discussed on the list between now and the meeting, I don't have
anything else to suggest at this point.  We could discuss the Penn State demo
day, I guess, and the MarketPro shows again.

However, I do need to point out that the plan-list cannot eliminate the
meetings as they were approved by the general membership in an official
meeting which holds more authority than the list, which is but a subset of
the membership.  The time and schedule was set by the membership and it is
not up to me or the plan-list to alter that.  Only in the event of extraneous
factors which would interfere could the plan list make changes in order to
provide for the meetings.  The operative consideration being that the
plan-list would be proceeding with the intent of making sure the meetings
still occur rather than trying to subvert them.  If the meetings are to be
canceled or rescheduled on anything other than an interim basis, that
decision needs to be brought before the membership and voted upon.  Anybody
is free to bring up the matter.

THESE ARE NOT MY MEETINGS!  They are WPLUG's meetings.  I have only
undertaken to help facilitate the membership having productive meetings.  I
welcome agenda input and will be happy to include any legitimate items.  If
anybody wants to take over facilitating the meetings, I would be happy to
discuss the matter with them.  It would also be helpful to have someone help
by recording the minutes or with providing refreshments.

BTW, I did not let the cat out of the bag.  The schedule was set in November
and was only canceled at the last minute in January and February because of
the meeting location uncertainty.  Everybody should be on notice of their
occurrence each month in the future.

Dave