[wplug-plan] Supposed meeting

Evan DiBiase evand at wplug.org
Wed Feb 14 01:38:49 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> Since this is the planning group, I say we decide on whether this
> organizational meeting is going to take place.  Since David let the cat
> out of the bag, I say we just do it, but from this point forward, it will
> be scheduled by the planning group.  Until we decide on a regularly
> scheduled event, the only acceptable way of scheduling time for such a
> meeting will be through the -plan list.  Since David is on that list, he
> will have a say in it, but his decision is not final.  I also think we
> should decide whether anyone who schedules events under the name of WPLUG
> without the consent of WPLUG should be reprimanded for such actions.

I say, let the meeting take place, from 2PM to, say, 4PM? In the general
style of this list, your silence pretty much indicates consent. If
you've a problem with having this meeting, say so. Otherwise we just
have to assume that you don't have any objections to it. Hopefully this
is something we can fix if/when we implement a new voting procedure.

If we're to have this meeting, what topics will be discussed? Does
someone want to write down all the suggestions people post to the list,
so we can have one centralized topic list?

As for reprimanding, I agree that we don't want to encourage this kind
of behavior, but I don't see any way to "punish" people for doing it.
Perhaps the fact that acting in such a manner occurs in public is
punishment enough.

-Evan