[wplug-plan] Organizational considerations

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Feb 13 23:25:37 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, David Tessitor wrote:

> OK, so we have two people who think that some members should be excluded from the
> decision process about the group's matters; that having organizational meetings
> open to the entire membership is a bad idea; and that a unanimous vote by a
> larger group of members than have ever taken part in these discussions on the
> list is not valid.

Talk about putting words in other people's mouths.  This is obviously
flame-bait, and I am tempted to just ignore it, but I think you need to
publicly denounced, or else some people might think that you have a clue.

1.) Planning meetings do not exclude.

2.) 'organizational' meetings that are not decided by the group, recorded
by the group, and published by the group exclude the majority of the
group.

3.) Your 'organizational' meetings *DO* exclude people.  Not all members
attend.  Not all members can read the information you've provided.  And
most importantly, NO OTHER MEMBER OTHER THAN YOU CONTROLS WHAT TOPIC WILL
BE DISCUSSED.  A planning meeting would not exclude.  It would be
scheduled by the planning group (which you are a part of, I admit), run by
the planning group, recorded and published by the planning group.  Any
member could attend, but we leave the tedious stuff like scheduling,
running discussions and posting minutes up to a select group willing to do
so.

I refuse to attend your organizational meetings not because i wish to
exclude, but because you'd rather flame other members and take a false
ethical high ground that work with other people.

--jonathan