[wplug-plan] Organizational considerations

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Tue Feb 13 22:50:22 EST 2001

OK, so we have two people who think that some members should be excluded from the
decision process about the group's matters; that having organizational meetings
open to the entire membership is a bad idea; and that a unanimous vote by a
larger group of members than have ever taken part in these discussions on the
list is not valid.

Twelve members attended each of the first two meetings and 18 were at the third.
Each meeting had at least some different members from the others (16 of the last
were not at the first two), and at each meeting the idea of having the meetings
and continuing them was agreed to without dissent.  Nobody has sought to exclude
the list from the discussion process, nor has anybody proposed that the list
should be excluded at any time in the future.  The list will continue to be a
valuable part of the discussion and consideration process, and nobody has said
otherwise.  Still, there are those who have adamantly insisted that the ability
to participate in real time, real space meetings should be denied to those
members who wish instead to be involved through such meetings.

It doesn't seem to make any difference how much these matters are pointed out, so
I don't expect to have anybody change their mind.  But somebody has to answer
them.

Dave