[wplug-plan] Re: [wplug] Bylaws

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Tue Feb 13 21:48:20 EST 2001

The GUM's are not deliberative sessions and DO NOT need Roberts Rules.  The
Member Organizational Meetings were started to fill the void and provide an
appropriate setting for all members to participate in organizational matters.  It
is where Roberts Rules should be used when necessary.

Roberts Rules is intended to be flexible and adaptable for any group setting
where an orderly decision making process is helpful -- hobbyist groups, amateur
sports teams (business meetings), businesses, or any other organization of people
who need to make decisions from time to time.  It is designed to assure that all
members can participate and that consideration is adequately given to all points
of view.  The key is in the flexibility with which it is applied, keeping its
more procedural intricacies tucked inside until needed as a reference for the
most difficult and truly contentious situations.

David