[wplug-plan] Upcoming GUM and Installfest

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Thu Dec 27 13:47:07 EST 2001

I've been talking to BethLynn and James about the upcoming GUM and
installfest and I wanted to update the plan list.  Currently we are
looking at something like this for the upcoming GUM:

10-11: Socializing w/ coffee and donuts courtesy of BethLynn
11~12: James Diskin's talk on 5ESS 4ESS telephone switch and how it is
related to the origins of Unix at AT&T Bell Labs
12-2: Cluster/webfarm discussion.

Note that I used a tilde for James' talk.  That time frame is just to
provide him with some time.  He may end earlier or later.  After his
talk we can use the time left to talk about the cluster/webfarm and
plan.  Those who aren't interested in that discussion will just have
more time for socialization.

For the installfest, BethLynn has come up with a very good idea.  She is
going to walk a group of people through a RedHat install on the
projector, and they can follow along and install on their own
computers.  We will need to get RSVP's for this so she can get the right
number of cd's, etc. but I don't think that will be a problem.  I think
this is a very good idea, and that we should try to do at least one at
every installfest.  Perhaps at the March installfest I could walk
through a Debian installation.

Ok, now everyone is up to date :)  I'll send out an announcement
tomorrow if no one seriously objects.

--
Zach Paine
My public key can be found at http://www.wplug.org/~zman