[wplug-plan] Online Voting

Zach Paine zman at wplug.org
Wed Aug 15 23:53:36 EDT 2001

I'd like to open up discussion again on online voting as well as the bylaws.

First off, as I see it from reading the mail logs and the archives, those
currently with accounts on wplug.org are on the board.

Robert Dale
Evan DiBiase
Zach Paine
Jeremy Dinsel
James O'Kane

There are a few others that I recommended be on the board, but are not
currently because of technicalities:

Brian Sammon
Jonathan Billings
David Ostroske

I think that we should continue all administrative talk on wplug-plan and
implement a web based voting system.  I have discovered the following two
promising projects:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/phpsgvote/
http://www.free-project.org/

The second looks more complete.  Perhaps just larger :)

According to the current bylaws, board members would be the ones voting, but
perhaps we should open the polls?

I suggest that we talk about all of these issues in an open board/plan meeting
before the upcoming GUM.

--
Zach Paine

For info on getting my PGP/GPG public key see:
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/key.htm