[wplug-plan] Re: Loki Games Discount for LUGs

David Ostroske eksortso at telerama.com
Sat Apr 21 15:09:20 EDT 2001

Quoting Zach Paine <zman at wplug.org>:
> It could be a small source of income for wplug, or we could give members
> really good deal and bring attention to wplug.  I think we should sell
> direct at the discounted price.  So I'm willing to be the point man for
> all
> of this, and I could manage the money for this particular operation.

Sounds good, Zach. You're our point man on this. So if anyone wants a Loki game
at discount, we would get in touch with you, right?

This would all be easier to flesh out if we got the bylaws agreed upon and the
consensus system up and running. Selling direct sounds like a proposition that
needs to be agreed upon. Everybody, are we definitely going to sell direct at
the discounted price? Any objections?

> was
> thinking that after we tell the world about it (email/posters/etc)
> they
> email me, and tell me what they want. Once I have enough orders, I
> will
> collect all of the money from people and and commit the order.  I
> think
> what I would use for this is a PayPal acount (www.paypal.com).  It's
> free
> and people can put money into the account via cash, credit card, money
> orders, and other methods so it's very convenient.

> Perhaps wplug
> should
> consider a buisness paypal account for it's treasury?

PayPal for this would be a great idea. But whether we open a permanent business
account still needs to be discussed. There were a few other proposals on the
list for interest-bearing checking accounts. We could have a PayPal account open
for these sorts of promotions, for convenience's sake. But shouldn't we also
have an old-fashioned bank account of some sort for official purposes?

> Zach Paine
> http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key
> Key available from pgp.ai.mit.edu ID: 87746D3D
> Fingerprint: B813 EFB8 ECD0 0C34 6F7F  71DD 01E9 17C3 8774 6D3D

--- Dave Ostroske
    eksortso at telerama.com