[wplug-plan] Presentation

MedCure Systems medcure at icubed.com
Wed Apr 4 20:47:10 EDT 2001

To: WPLUG
From: John Plunkett

The following is an Agenda for the K12 School presentation that is
scheduled for 12:00 Noon on Saturday.  Please send me any questions or
comments that you may have, so that I can prepare appropriately.

Thanks,
                                K12 School Presentation

Saturday April 7th at 12:00 Noon.

I. K12 Server Overview
    o Tracking of Assignments, Lectures, Handouts, etc, by teacher &
student
    o Easy access to resources, both from within the class and from the
internet
    o Accessible to Instructors, Students & Parents from virtually any
browser
    o Improves the quality of the Instructors course material
    o All the course material is organized for the students & readily
available
    o Instructors save allot of time processing assignments

II. K12 Linux WebDesktop
    o Applications
          Netscape Navigator Browser
          ABI Word Processing
          AOL Instant Messenger
          XChat
    o Optimized to the point that P90 with 16 MB Ram is functional
    o Designed for integration with WebK12 Server
    o Bootable CD-Rom Package

III.WebK12 Configuration
    o Course Code & Title convention to support any Instructor
    o Single Regional Server for local Instructors, Internet server for
others
    o All Instructor participation is optional (Self Motivated
participants)
    o Instructor determines their level of participation
    o Local support centers jointly support WebK12 program & Linux Users

    o Regional Server designed and administered by WPLUG members
    o Incoming calls routed by user login & Password
    o Each class requires its own unique Login for each student.  (3
Classes-3 Logins)