[wplug-plan] Website as discussion item for Saturday

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Thu Nov 30 13:12:15 EST 2000

The following has been added to the "WPLUG Interest List:"

Website Design & Maintenance

What's usually involved in designing and maintaining a website?  The
redesign of the WPLUG website has raised a lot of interest and
brings up even more questions that need to be answered.  What do we
have now (what's there; how's it structured; how's it function;
etc.)?  What do we want to have on it?  How should it look?  How
should it function? How should it be structured?  How should it be
maintained?  Who will do what?

Go to <http://badgertronics.com/wplug/> to indicate your desire to
have this discussed.

-----

Right now I think it would be good to have the basics discussed at
the GUM, things such as CVS, website design processes, etc.  The
specifics could then be discussed and some decisions made at the
Member Organizational Meeting which follows -- it's the type of
process that a meeting dynamic can really benefit.  Any other items
I had in mind for the afternoon can be shortened to fit around the
website issue or postponed until later.

The question is do we have some people with an understanding of CVS,
web design, etc. who can be at the GUM?  If we have one person can
cover all the bases, great, but even if it's that we have some
people who know CVS but not web design and vice versa, it can still
work fine.  We don't necessarily need an hour presentation, just as
long as we have some people there who have some knowledge and can
answer questions, otherwise it is rather pointless to try to do
this.

If you can help, please post to the list so we can figure out what
we are going to do.

Thank you.

Dave