[wplug-plan] wplug web pages --> Passing the Torch

Jeremy Dinsel jeremy at gunix.net
Wed Nov 29 21:37:16 EST 2000

OK .. so Billings has asked me to define a little bit about how the web pages
are currently setup. I'm going to pass the torch of web-person onto him and he
can take it or pass it along to others as seen fit. I really like the page
that he has setup and would like to see the actual site move towards his
suggestions and those presented on the list (while I was away on vacation).

So ... the web pages all call at least two static "template" files .. they
live in a DOCUMENT_ROOT/template directory ... this directory would be
wplug.org/template or actually (/home/www/htdocs/wplug/template). Most files
call "top" and "bot" for top and bottom. The top template defines some tables
(the start for how the wplug page fits into the browser and the bottom
template closes it -- sucky design option, I know). Also, the top template
defines all the colors that are used. However, since it hasn't been moved to
php (which is what the "my" project was doing), colors are also referenced
statically in the files. The my project includes a move to using a
configuration file to define the colors that are used.

The way that these files are included currently is with an SSI call.

The rest of the way that the non-"my" pages are setup is fairly straight
forward. Please let me know if you have any questions.

-j
--
- Jeremy Dinsel
- somewhere in the monkey house