[wplug-plan] website

Rick Smith rick at rbsmith.com
Tue Nov 28 01:35:39 EST 2000

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 12:44:37AM -0500, Robert Dale wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Zach Paine wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 01:56:01PM -0500, Rick Smith wrote:
> > > Source control?  Did someone say source control???
> >
> > Yes!

Music to my ears

> > > CVS?? Did someone say CVS??  How did I miss this??  CVS?
> > >
> > > BitKeeper!
> > >
> > > (of course, opening my mouth means that I'm willing to assist in source
> > > management things...)
> >
> > Can you get a server up with bitkeeper on it (and teach us how to use it)?
>
> Some people just don't get it... ;)

What I believe Rob means is that BK is peer to peer as opposed to
client/server.  Or what he may mean is that that I can't teach.
Or what he may mean is that I don't know how to set up a BK
repository using the bk daemon to act as a central read-only server.

Yet no matter what Rob means, we know one thing is for sure: Rob Is Right!

That said, I'm going to go behind the scenes and get more info before
I spout off anymore.

-- Rick