[wplug-plan] Presentation topics and meeting items

David Tessitor dttessitor at home.com
Mon Nov 27 17:08:00 EST 2000

I think we should have a list of desired topics and items on the
WPLUG web page where people could indicate their interest and have
that indication automatically tallied. If we know enough people are
interested in something, maybe somebody could volunteer to discuss
it or we would have a better idea of who to invite to speak.

Failing a post and tally page on the website, I propose we each add
our answers under the two questions below.  To create a RUNNING
TALLY, also indicate your "vote" by simply adding your own "X" to
those after any previously mentioned item that you, too, would like
to see (also any comments).

I'll start:

administered; and what are some of the key differences between
various list programs, for the users and administrators -- WPlug has
recently changed to mailman. It would be helpful for members to know
the differences and, through an overview of the ins and outs of list
administration, learn to appreciate what those who are volunteering
their time and effort are doing for the group. --- [ADD YOUR X TO
CONCUR WITH THIS BEING A TOPIC] X

:::::

CVS:  The concept; its structure and operation; how members can
participate; etc. -- If the webpage is to be redone using CVS, then
it would help to explain everything and walk interested members
through the process. --- [ADD YOUR X TO CONCUR WITH THIS BEING A
TOPIC] X

:::::

[ADD YOUR SUGGESTION(s) HERE]

=============================

2) What general matters and/or specific items do you think should be
discussed at the next or subsequent Member Organizational Meetings?

:::::

Installfests:  what can we do different; what's the possibility of
also getting the room next to the present room (for presentations,
DVD showing, socializing, breakout projects, etc.); would eventually
having the Installfest every month be better or even possible? ---
[ADD YOUR X TO CONCUR WITH THIS BEING AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION] X

:::::

MarketPro Computer Show:  how can we organize better for the WPLUG
table; what should we have there? --- [ADD YOUR X TO CONCUR WITH
THIS BEING AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION] X

:::::

GUM location:  should we move permanently to Rm7220 where there is a
coffee machine and microwave; what about using the same room(s) we
use for the Installfest (it would keep everything in one location
and thus be less confusing; there's more room and we could do
presentations with the projector)? --- [ADD YOUR X TO CONCUR WITH
THIS BEING AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION] X

:::::

Implementing desired changes:  what are the first steps we want to
take toward bringing about some of the desired changes expressed in
the first three meetings? --- [ADD YOUR X TO CONCUR WITH THIS BEING
AN ITEM FOR DISCUSSION] X

:::::

[ADD YOUR SUGGESTION(s) HERE]