[wplug-plan] Topic For January 6 GUM

Zach Paine zman at angstrom.net
Sat Dec 23 11:03:45 EST 2000

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 10:55:36AM -0500, Brian Sammon wrote:

> Another issue we should think about before the announcement--
> Carnegie Mellon has converted Wean Hall to keycard access on weekends.
>
> This means that we would have to make arrangements to let people
> in--especially annoying when we consider that a lot of people don't arrive
> on time.
>
> On the other hand, Billings and I recently found ourselves in a lounge
> type of space which has a door to the outside--which means that latecomers
> would just have to walk up to the door and knock on the window.
>
> But, we have to determine whether we can reserve this space.

Is it an appropriate meeting area space?  Is there net access there?  I guess
that isn't really important for GUM's.

One possibility for a topic is BitKeeper.  It has been being used on wplug.org
for the website for about 3 weeks now.  Evan, billings, and myself have been
using it and rick knows the ins and outs.  Perhaps 1/2/3/4 of us could give a
talk on BitKeeper, how it applies to wplug, and how it effects members.

Zach

--
Zach Paine
http://www.wplug.org/~zman/zman.key