[wplug-plan] Topic For January 6 GUM

Brian Sammon Brian_Sammon at yardarm.fac.cs.cmu.edu
Sat Dec 23 10:55:36 EST 2000

> Well, we're going to have to send out an announcement in a little over a week
> (courtesy of our shiny new announcement script :) so we need to decide on a
> topic/presentation for the next GUM.  Does anyone want to give a talk?  Let
> the creative juices flow!

Another issue we should think about before the announcement--
Carnegie Mellon has converted Wean Hall to keycard access on weekends.

This means that we would have to make arrangements to let people
in--especially annoying when we consider that a lot of people don't arrive
on time.

On the other hand, Billings and I recently found ourselves in a lounge
type of space which has a door to the outside--which means that latecomers
would just have to walk up to the door and knock on the window.

But, we have to determine whether we can reserve this space.