[wplug-plan] small office

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Mon Dec 4 17:40:33 EST 2000

The place I was thinking of might be too small for an installfest, but it
would be big enough for small groups to meet. I forget the sq footage, but
 4 or 5 people plus computers and other random stuff would fit. I wasn't
suggesting that we move the server there, but perhaps use it to store lug
related stuff such as what is left of the free CDs and tshirts and stuff.
And this would be a common place that have access by more people to get
things as needed. No need to rely on one person to bring the router
because it would be store here and several people would have the key.

What sparked this off was a friend of mine asking me if I knew of any
offices close by that were for rent for around $200/month. I had the idea
that our group and hers could share a space and split the rent. For the
first 6 months or so, I would be willing to pay the rent, but after that I
would like wplug to find ways to pay it's share.

In some more thinking about this, I might just pay half the rent and keep
the space for my projects and let wplug use it once in a while. This might
be easier for all.

I still have not talked this over with the other group so I don't know
what they think, but I'm sure they would be interested.

So, back to the original question, what creative uses would we have for
some office space on Craig street? :)

-james