[wplug-members] Minutes of November 22, 2008

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Feb 2 01:06:21 EST 2009

The regular monthly meeting of the Western Pennsylvania Linux Users
Group was held on Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM, with the
regular presiding officer and Secretary present.

The Chair reported that we are meeting at Wilkins School Community
Center for this meeting and two future meetings. We no longer have a
staff sponsor at Carnegie Mellon therefore we are not meeting there.

The Vice Chair had nothing to report.

The Secretary reported that there are currently 21 members.  She
noted that she had declined board nomination in order to focus on
serving on the programming committee in 2009.

The Treasurer reported that funds in the bank account and cash on
hand total approximately $420.  Today's meeting will cost $30 in
rent.  Refreshment costs also came from the treasury.

The Program Committee reported that the next meetings are scheduled
for December 13, 2008 and January 10, 2009.

The Internet Committee reported that the wiki links are more
organized.

The ErieLUG Revival Committee reported that ErieLUG has been meeting
regularly at Hamot Hospital.

Membership: Greg Alheid joined as a new member.  By unanimous
consent, the waiting period for voting was waived.

Completion of the election of the Board of Directors postponed from
the previous meeting was opened.  In the last meeting Dave Kraus,
Michael Semcheski, Vance Kochenderfer, and Mathieu Dube were elected
however the 5th board seat was not filled because the remaining
candidates did not receive a majority consent.  Today's ballot does
not have any named candidates so you must write-in your candidate of
choice.

Christine Rial and ??? were appointed as election tellers.  Once all
members present had the opportunity to cast a ballot, the Chair
declared the polls closed. The meeting recessed to permit the
tellers to tabulate the ballots.

The Chair called the meeting back to order. The tellers committee
reported the results of the vote:
 Number of ballots cast       11
 Received majority consent
    Brian Seklecki received   28 points
    Robert Turley received    18 points
 Did not receive majority consent
    Beth Lynn Eicher received  1 point
Accordingly, the Chair declared Brian Seklecki elected.

The meeting adjourned at 12:00 PM.

[Approved on December 13, 2008 - VK]

Vance Kochenderfer
Secretary, Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group