[wplug-members] upcoming election and ask the candidates session on 6/6/07

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 30 08:41:38 EDT 2007

WPLUG members and associates,

The Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group will conduct a special
election on Saturday, June 9th, 2007 during our General Business Meeting
at 9am on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University in Newell-Simon Hall
3002. The purpose of this election is to fill the vacant treasurer
position in our organization.

There are two candidates running for this office, and in order to have
voting members be better informed, we are having a special "ask the
candidates" night on Wednesday, June 6th, 2007 from 8-9pm. This session
will be conducted in WPLUG IRC channel (connect to irc.freenode.net,
channel #wplug). We encourage you to attend.

In addition, we have also asked each candidate to answer a few questions
about themselves and their desire to be the treasurer on the WPLUG
board. You can find information about the election and candidate
statements at:

http://wplug.ece.cmu.edu/wiki/index.php/Election-20070609

Thank You,

Patrick Wagstrom
Western Pennsylvania Linux Users Group Board Chair